Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Took a Little Break, Sort Of

Hi. No posts fog a few days because I went to Columbus and:

- went to a concert with my friend Katrina
- met with my financial planner
- signed the re-finance loan papers for the Murphys Pond property (condo I still own in the Columbus area)
- upgraded my iPhone 3 to a 4
- saw a new chiropractor
- got massage with Chris Hannan
- saw a new acupuncturist (these therapies help keep me more well, keep the fibromyalgia symptoms at bay)
- had dinner with friends
- saw the dentist because I was already behind on my check-ups because of my recent consulting travel.
-ran errands, picked up dog food etc.

All is well with all of the above. Missions accomplished. Benji went too and was a very good boy.

While I was gone Mom has been good. No more incidents of non-responsiveness. I talked to Julie at the James and she said that was probably a seizure and they'll address that with new meds on Thursday/tomorrow when Mom goes back to the James to talk about treatment options.

Mom is doing so much better with the Seroquel that we hope she will be able to understand and participate in that discussion. Mother has not heard the dire things that we have and she really needs to understand her situation and get it from the oncologist there.

Chris and I are visiting today. Dad us taking the day off. He was really exhausted from being with her so much the last few days.

I'm here now though in the lobby worrying about my job. I got yet another call from a recruiter. This guy has 5 positions I could probably fill, but my company hasn't found them and sent me to interview on any. Are they really so nice as to keep me on the bench indefinitely so that I can be here with my family? Or am I going to be let go? There's plenty of work put there and it is in high demand. Why aren't I working then? I get paid while on the bench (between assignments) but how long will that last?

I'm worried.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I hope things work out with your job Becky, keep the faith!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete