Wednesday, August 3, 2011

In SICU

Mom is in the surgical intensive care unit. Dave and I were first in. She looks just the same. No bruising that we can see. She recognized us and talked (blabbed really) rationally. She Could see us and remembered things from yesterday and long ago like Charlie waking up from his tonsillectomy and saying "get me out of this 'survivory' room!" She wanted me to sing for her "Hush Little Baby" right away. So I did. Her mouth looked dry so I asked for swabs. I asked if she was in pain and she said no.

While I was doing that Dad and Charlie came in so we left. We all left pretty soon because visiting hours were over.

They are 5-6 am 10-2 am 5-7 pm And 9-10 pm.

You can't use the password to get info any more and she won't be going back to the same room.

I'm the keeper of info at present and the hospital's sole contact.

She will be there through Friday at least.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment