Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Discharge in progress today

I've been working with the Discharge Planner at the James and talking with Dad and Susan and Charlie over at Charlie's about what Mom's arrangements are to be at Discharge.

The James preferred that she go to Dodd Hall, their rehab center, for a few weeks.  Mom has been insistent that she go home.  Danielle, the Planner, talked with me about that option and said they don't recommend it because she still needs 24/7 care, in their opinion.  So, what we decided was that she'll go to a skilled nursing facility in Barnesville or Cambridge where Dad won't have to drive so far to visit, and she'll still be able to get her therapies. 

I'm not sure which facility she'll be in yet.  I checked ratings online and gave my 2 cents and checked whether Dad, Charlie or Susan had heard anything particularly good or bad about the ones out there.  Right now we're waiting to see which ones their Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance will cover, and going from there.

She'll be transferred by ambulance later today when we get it all figured out.

I'm thinking of heading back to Tucson after I help get Dad situated, and go to a doctor's appointment of my own tomorrow.  She'll be in better qualified hands than mine for this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment