Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Day for The James

Hi. Dad and I took Mom to the James today for a followup with Dr. Cavaliere the oncologist. He explained her disease and what to expect, statistically, in great detail and outlined a recommended treatment plan. It went very well and Mom took it very well. She immediately said to him, "I have 2 goals: my granddaughter's [Amy Miller's] wedding in November and a new greatgrandbaby [Kate Miller Bliss's] in May."

We stopped at Red Lobster for dinner which was an awesome change from the Autumn food.

Good for her. She was very tired and hopefully got to bed early tonight. We got back to Thorny Ridge around 7:30 pm and had left at 9:30 am. The neighbor watched Benji which is a huge help.

We are going to try to get her home tomorrow for a while if she's up to it.

I took home some quilt pieces to stitch together that she pinned.

Figured out how to get my car out of the Phoenix airport. A friend's son is going to take a shuttle there and bring my car back. That will save me some money - $9 per day. Shipped the keys etc out to him today from Zanesville where we stopped to eat.

Am trying to catch up the laundry now.

Got some bills here to open. Dad put it off until tomorrow because it was a long day today.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment