Sunday, September 25, 2011

"And I'm the one who had the surgery!"

Last evening we played Scrabble with Drew and Jess who were visiting, Mom's first game since pre-tumor I think. She did great and tied for second with Drew. Dad beat us all by 40 points. But at some point he did a bonehead move and Mom cracked, "And I'm the one who had the surgery!"

We all laughed and I joked, "You're going to use that a lot now, aren't you!"

She is still having trouble with taking her turn. She kept getting ahead and sticking words together without realizing it. So by the end we all did it and had a good free-for-all.

She took a short Bad Boy Buggy ride to the mailbox and back to the barn, then walked from the barn up the hill to the back porch and would have gone faster than we would have liked if we had not stopped her to rest.

Her face is drooping on the right more than I have seen in a while.

She and Dad left for the Soakum Festival and quilt show already. She also wants to go to the Barnesville pumpkin fest and get pumpkin donuts. Good signs, That she's taking an interest.

I'm feeling rotten again. Yesterday got really pretty but then rained last night. I woke up stiff and miserable. My massage therapist was not available Friday when I went to Columbus so I had a substitute and it was one of the worst massages I ever had! Also Dads house is literally 90 degrees with his wood burner so the climactic extremes here are messing my body up. So I'm playing lay around and wait for the pain and stiffness to pass today.

Still no news on a start date in LA.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment