Sunday, December 25, 2011

Called to Autumn this Morning

Autumn called Dad's house this morning at 6:30. Mother was worse. So he dressed and went in right away. I followed after showering and walking Benji.

Mother's heart rate was high and her pulse oxygen low. It has gotten lower even now and they can't get a reading at all. Her fingers are growing dusky.

Dad, Charlie, Susan and I have been waiting, mostly in the hall. There have been no tears, more just a sense of relief that her journey is coming to an end. She is not suffering. She does not seem to be present at all, to me. Her body is just doing its last.

Charlie said, "It would really be something if she passes today, on Christmas, you know."

"Yes poetic," I replied.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment