Sunday, October 9, 2011

News from West Hollywood and Cambridge OH

Talk about culture shock. What a difference from Guernsey County to West Hollywood. Already people watching is a trip. At the art museum where we met my friend Dean for dinner I saw a woman wearing a huge hat with a huge feather like the musketeers wore. Not a costume - the rest of her garb was regular clothes. Also people dressed up like characters from Tim Burton movies because he was appearing at the museum tonight.

We had dinner on the patio cafe at the museum. Gorgeous. La Brea tar pits are literally where they found mastodons. Still bubbly tar. Still excavating right on the grounds of the museum.
Pics of part of LACMA - Los Angeles County Museum of Art





Anyway Ben and I had a nice trip over and no problems in LA. Found the hotel and settled in.






From Ohio Chris says, "Becky i got mom to eata whole yougart dad fed her a banana she went
out in her wheelchair with me then needed pain med and sleep i passed dad when leaving sent him on home no need...Got mom the memory foam mattress topper at walmart today still didnt see a hospice nurse i will call after i get home to get phone number"

So Mother is weakening and overall not as engaged as she was.

Gotta get a good nights sleep! Big day on the new job. Dean says everyone is nice and it's a first class operation, very professional and technologically savvy. Incompetence is not tolerated but so far no one yells at you. Something we had a huge problem with at our last job in Tucson. Dean was my office mate for over a year. Really a good guy. I'm looking forward to working with him again. Sounds like they have a good diverse crew. With me it will make 5 men and 2 women dedicated to report writing at Cedars Sinai. My focus will probably be Labor and Delivery because I did a lot of that at TMC and Physician Orders. I like working with baby data! You wouldn't believe how messed up the mom-baby data can get and the complications involved with what babies get counted as hospital births depending on where they were born: at home - no, en route by personal car - no, en route by ambulance-yes, or at the hospital - yes. That's just one example of how odd it can get. Fun times to come.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Becky...glad you are able to get settled. Could you e-mail Chris' contact info to me? I would like to touch base with her and can't find phone number or address. Thanks -Faith (faithck8@yahoo.com) Best wishes for your first days at new job

    ReplyDelete