Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Benji Keeping Me On Track

My little doggie often whimpers at me, talks to me at length. When I was home we laughed out loud about it one evening in the car in the way to Chris's when Jenna cracked, "You know he's totally mocking you, Becky. His tone exactly matches yours when you talk to him!"

Pretty consistently he tells me to go to bed when it gets late and I haven't already gone.

I got a good idea of his sense of time this morning when I decided to squeeze in an epsom bath while eating breakfast. First, he vocalized his objections loudly and peered down into the sunken tub at me questioningly like "What do you think you're doing taking a bath when its almost time for work?!"

Then, 20 minutes before I needed to leave I got the lecture again, so I checked the clock and sure enough he was right. It was time to get out of the tub.

Not my best morning. I'd woken myself with gasping sobs out of a dead sleep at 4:30 am dreaming about Mother.

Tough day. Fibro-flare, pain meds making me groggy at work.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment