Saturday, October 1, 2011

Little Bits of Carol-ness

Mom and Benji and I spent a nice evening together.  I brought in clean socks, washed her feet and lotioned and massaged them, changed the socks.  She ate a very good dinner, then went to the bathroom with the help of me, an Aid and Evinrude, only.  Then took a short walk down the hall and back with just me and Evinrude, then brushed her teeth, read GuidePosts, looked at the photos of the hotel I'll be staying at in LA, and has now nodded off.

Amazing!  I could never have imagined this, seeing her 2-3 days ago!  The hospice nurse told Dad it will be a series of good days and bad days for a while now.

Mom said tonight, "I notice I'm drooling like a little kid, now.  I keep having to wipe my chin.  How many more indignities am I going to have to put up with, anyway?"  I hate to think about it.

We also saw her first true sign of memory loss, not remembering things that happened last week.


I thought you may like to see some sights from around the homestead, so snapped a few that, to me, are especially "Carol".

Dad is resting.  I spent most of the day resting, soaking in the tub, doing yoga, and starting to pack away all the summer clothes I brought with me.  With Mom gone, Dad's not keeping the house quite as miserably hot as he was, so I don't need my shorts any more, finally.  Also reading a really good book, "What Love Sees".  The distraction helps.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet Aunt Carol...my heart and prayers are with all of you. The third picture, the 2 hearts...the top one is my Mom(Aunt Doris) and Andrea!!! I don't have that one!!! Sweet picture's, good memories!!! It's funny, while I was at your parents, I read all the cross stitch your Mom has around the house. I remembered some of them being in the house, on the County Line Rd. I missed all the ribbons. Take care, Lori

    ReplyDelete