Friday, February 20, 2009

Found a new massage therapist – a very good one!




2/20/2009 (Another old post - I've been writing offline when I have time at the airports and such - but then I get behind posting them - I'll get better, this is all new stuff for me)

Tamera Snelling posted her availability at our condo clubhouse. Turns out I had seen her walking with her husband the day before, on his arm with stick in hand - because she is blind. Such a sad story – she lost her sight in her early 20’s from a pregnancy complicated by diabetes. She lost her sight and her baby.

I don’t know how one would recover from something like that, but she has done it very well. She has a flourishing massage practice in Portland, Oregon where she lives most of the time. She and her husband bought the condo here initially as an investment, but liked it so much that they decided to keep it for themselves and family instead. So they live here part-time only, his career being in computers which he can do anywhere. Her massage style was excellent, with very good myofascial release, and some active stretching as she released the fascia in my neck and shoulders. Yeah! I’ll be making an appointment again when she is back in town, but will still keep looking for one here in town, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment