Saturday, January 24, 2009

Plan C

I had gone to L.A. thinking that there was little to do to complete the paperwork on my home sale. No. There was a lot yet to do, including home inspection, carpet cleaning, etc., as well as final loan and title paperwork. I was leaving a huge amount of work on Annette Henderson, my real estate agent.

Then came the blow, my realization that I could not afford to buy at all. I had depleted my money market account dramatically without even realizing the extent of the withdrawals. How embarrassing! I’m usually so good at knowing what the most important things are, and paying attention to them. This was egg on my face of some of the worst kind, financial, having gone out on a limb, then having to slither off it again with huge apologies. It was one of the worst phone calls I’ve ever had to make.

But, as Rod said, sweetly bucking me up, “Everyone makes mistakes.” And this may feel like the end of the world, but it’s not. And it’s not death and mayhem, just one town house not selling. Still. Still. I felt totally rotten.

So, on to “Plan C”. Trying to find a rental in time to move in Monday since the truck is on its way and arrives Sunday.

This is Rod in his kitchen working on Plan C, mapping the six rentals we had decided to look at from a larger list.

No comments:

Post a Comment