Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dream Keeper?

Dream Patcher
Dream Catcher
Dream Matcher
Dream Hatcher
Dream Maker

Maybe that’s the one. Dream Maker. Dream Keeper? That’s what I am. I’ve had a hard time deciding what to name my blog. Maybe one of these? I thought about Dream Catcher because of the one I brought home from Tucson. But that’s too passive. I don’t just catch dreams on the fly-by. I don’t patch them up from other old ones. And I don’t match them up or hatch them up. I make them happen. And then I keep them.

Moon River, wider than a mile
I’m crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you’re goin’, I’m goin’ your way
Two drifters, off to see the world,

There’s such a lot of world to see.
Were after the same rainbows end, waitin’ round the bend
My huckleberry friend, Moon River, and me.

Music by Henry Mancini, lyrics by Johnny Mercer, from the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's"

No comments:

Post a Comment